Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wallpaper Art

I love Thrifty Decor Chick!  She always has great ideas, and when I saw this post - I just had to do it. 

I chose my entryway "niche" for this project:





This art project was really easy.  It is just canvases covered in textured wallpaper that I painted. Lowes had their textured wallpaper on sale for something like $3 and I already had the canvases from another project that failed miserably.

I covered the canvases in wallpaper, then painted them (our cabinet color). Then I took a little of the paint I used on the wall that these go on and mixed it with the brown to make a slightly lighter hue. I very lightly rolled over the canvases with this color, and it highlighted the raised part and it barely touched the parts that weren't raised giving it a distressed look. Then I went over the raised parts again with a small brush with the plain wall color.




The Lovely mirrored creepy entryway before:




The pretty and thrifty after (thanks Sarah!!)




Total Cost?  $13!!! (2.50 for each canvas and $3 for the wallpaper)

8 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! My mom sent me a link to your site and I am loving what you are doing. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just commented on your DIY blog post a minute ago.. but I bought that same wall paper!! It's part of my DIY project I did. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing! I may have to try that for one of my many boring and blank walls:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second I saw this I knew it was Sarah's idea. She's great! I love that you did it and yeah, what's with the creepy mirror? I really like your doormat art & I think 4 would work too (I'm also a "3" person, but I'm a crazy symmetry person). I'm saving your Blog for later... thanks! Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Ideas! I really love your sense of style and plan to use some of your inspiration for my new little house. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the best thing about this post is that it give great information on the essential factors that are needed in this process. I appreciate with the wallpaper information given in this article. Nice post

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails