Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dreaming

My husband, the tuba player, needs a room to practice.  We have a third bedroom that would be oh so nice to turn into a beautiful (albeit manly) place to practice. 

Here is my sketch I did in powerpoint.  Two built in bookshelves flanking a little bench.  The back of the bookcases are a grasscloth wall paper.  The art above the bench is a brown square painted directly on the wall, then some moulding the same color as the wall and then another peice of molding the same color as the painted box.  That moulding is going to make a frame for more grasscloth wallpaper.  Inside those boxes will be artsy photographs of Jarrod's tuba, and my bassoon (I have a degree in music as well, playing bassoon and saxophone).

Now I just have to convince my husband that it will be a breeze to construct these built-ins ourselves.  I would LOVE this as a Christmas present to each other.  Maybe you could leave a comment to help convince him?  I'll do tutorials all long the way, I promise


12 comments:

  1. I think I may have found my powerpoint soul mate in you! I too make PP mood boards and room mock-ups... for everything! (example:http://brakesandgas.blogspot.com/2009/11/thrill-of-hunt.html)
    I love your vision for the music room!
    PS: How do you feel about excel? For me, a list is not complete unless it is in a spreadsheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I hope you get it for Christmas! Wish I knew how to draw in power point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OR you could come over and build this for MY house for a christmas gift to me, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a good idea. . .run with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your site through Beneath My Heart! I have a big cup of coffee and enjoying all of your post and the house tour pictures!
    You have a great talent to envision (sp) and make it also come true!! I think your above picture will be beautiful if you brought it to life! What a wonderful Christmas idea!! Good Luck, I'll stay posted to watch it unfold :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your post reminded me of a TED video I saw on an author who researched "manspaces." Tell your husband there is a historical precedent for manspaces and that he needs one, yes, with lots of storage to place all his trinkets in. If he's yet unconvinced, have him watch the TED.com video - it's called the Quirky World of Manspaces. This video helped me understand my husband's need for that huge bulky desk of his!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get them for Christmas!!! Don't forget the step by steps I LOVE them and will definitely use them:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever checked out http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/? She builds furniture on the cheap and easy. I'm still working up the courage to fire up the power tools...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog today and I am really enjoying it. Can't wait to read more. I find the best way to get things done around the house is to ask for them as a gift! Hope you got what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your site is very nice, I was just wondering, if you have seen the shelf at the pottery barn, a leaning book shelf, and if you duplicated it, they want so much for it, and me with no skills, think it looks easy to build, what do you think?

    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!, love the idea!! Thanks for sharing and keep posting about curtain fabrication services btw you can visit also our website https://www.cottonware.com.sg offering services in affordable prices! Ty godbless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Admiring the dedication you put into your site and detailed information you present. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed material. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account. nursery blackout curtains

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails